The International Film Festival (IFF) “Water, sea & the oceans” is an competition festival of documentary films on a particular topic. Its objective is to present and award new films about the world of salt and fresh water, contributing to development of film reflecting the life in water environment and help to enlargement of ideas about environmental protection of water.
IFF “Water, sea & the oceans” will be held on 12. – 16. 9. 2016 in Hluboka nad Vltavou. The films can be submits for the contest by their authors (both professional as well as amateur), distributors, film or TV companies, producers or owners and other film festivals.
The registered films have to meet the conditions set in the festival regulations. Films presented also on other festivals may be signet up, too.
Any competition films shall be provided with:
- one filled-in application per each film
- film in a HD digital format sent to the following address: Twin Star Film, Žitavského 572, 156 00 Praha 5 – Zbraslav, Czech Republic or send us the link for downloading to e-mail: email@example.com.
- a dialogue sheet with timecodes in English if the film is in another language than Czech or Slovak
- pictures from the film shooting – is not required, but maybe supplied to be used for broader promotion of the film
- other information (a portrait of the author, his/her biography, promotion material) – is not required, but maybe supplied to be used for broader promotion of the film
The Pre-selection committee, witch is the advisory body of the Festival Director selects the films for the competition and divides them into particular categories. The festival reserves the right to accept and invite also out-of-competition films of an extraordinary value for the retrospective or informative block.
The competition films will be evaluated by the International Jury appointed by the Festival Director. The decision of the Jury is final.
The International Jury will decide on following awards:
- Grand Prix
- Best Salt Water Film
- Best Fresh Water Film
- Best Documentary
- Best Environmental Film
- Best Czech Film
- Best Free Production
International Jury can also decide on another award.
Reasons of non-accepted films
- films of a bad technical or artistic quality
- promotion films that do not comply with the festival regulations
- films of the International Jury members
Applicants shall pay the postage and insurance of shipment of competition films.
All films shall be registered and delivered by 2. 7. 2018.
All films with accompanying materials can be used for a promotion of festival. They will not be used for commercial purposes.
Competition films will be projected for the public in the theatres designated by the organizer
A duly filled-in application will be considered as consent of the applicant to the conditions set in the festival statutes.
The festival organizer reserves the right to change the program scheme.